FREE CHILLING by PHOSPHORIS
Alternative energy-saving solution to air-conditioning
Today, the use of Free-Chilling by Phosphoris stands for:
- Energy savings of 20 to 60% depending on the case and therefore a reduction in the energy bill for a wide variety of buildings,
- Increasing the service life of the refrigeration unit (which is in fact less stressed) and reducing the maintenance requirements of the equipment,
- Reduction of the carbon footprint (removal of highly toxic refrigerants),
- More comfort for the occupants (the temperature increase of the chilled water makes it possible to better regulate the ambient temperature).
The Free-Chilling concept is based on the natural phenomenon of cooling the air passing through a net of water.
The heat transferred to the water causes evaporation. The water molecules gradually passing into the vapor state cause a decrease in the air temperature.
By using the difference between the indoor and outdoor temperature of a building, air conditioning is naturally achieved by outside cold.
Why do we need alternative solutions to air conditioning?
- Air conditioning is a very important source of energy consumption,
- It uses recognized polluting refrigerants,
- No recycling of materials is possible,
- The air conditioning needs are exponential because of the “thermos bottle” phenomenon
- Better insulation of buildings,
- Increased glazed areas,
- Multiplication of electronic devices (computers, telephones, etc.).