ENERGY STRATEGY CONSULTING
Energy strategy development office
Various energy saving solutions can be implemented during the renovation of a building with significant results, especially for the largest consumers such as shopping centers or swimming pools. These buildings are the subject of a specific department in the PHOSPHORIS design office, which has developed energy strategies specific to each sector.
However, it is more appropriate to act at the design stage to take advantage of the resources of the site where the building is located and other principles of bioclimatic architecture: the PHOSPHORIS energy strategy consulting firm offers technical project management assistance to advise the project owner on the most relevant choices for his project.
It is also possible to set up an energy and fluid monitoring system after the implementation of the energy strategy to control the results. This monitoring, a real steering tool, also allows you to :
- Control your budget because energy represents a significant part of operating budgets,
- Control performance drifts (theoretical vs. real),
- Control the durability of the installations,
- Engage in a certification process such as HQE Exploitation,
- Fight against waste by training the occupants,
- Produce the indicators requested in the CSR report.
Assistance to Energy Project Owners
In the case of an intervention during the operation and maintenance of the building, PHOSPHORIS can intervene as an assistance to the project owner. To advise on the best energy strategy to adopt, a preliminary audit is necessary. It presents an inventory of energy consumption and systems in place, as well as the building envelope. It can be based on one or more site visits, an analysis of energy bills, an audit of maintenance contracts and their applications, light or continuous instrumentation, etc.
After an analysis of these data, several scenarios aiming at reaching the desired energy performance level are proposed.
An energy strategy can be decided throughout the life of a building and in different ways. The main goal being to improve the overall energy efficiency, PHOSPHORIS uses different techniques:
⇒ On the building
- The performance of the building (sunlight, insulation and thermal inertia, shape, etc.),
- The use of renewable energies
- The recovery of fatal energy
⇒ On efficient materials and systems
- Condensing boilers,
- Cooling units,
- Natural air conditioning with free-cooling and free-chilling,
⇒ On the choice of temperatures, also a lever for energy savings
- with 3°C less on the condenser inlet of a condensing boiler, it is 1% less energy consumed,
- by reducing 1°C on the production of chilled water, the gain in energy consumption reaches 3%.