BIOCLIMATIC SWIMMING POOL by PHOSPHORIS
Bioclimatic Architecture and Responsible Energy Consumption in aquatic centers
As a swimming pool project management assistant, PHOSPHORIS advises and supports you in the implementation of an efficient energy strategy for your aquatic center: contact our teams.
You can also consult Alain GARNIER’s book “Designing and building public swimming pools with low energy and water consumption”, available here.
While the Aquatic Center is one of the most energy-intensive buildings, there are no regulations limiting its consumption. As a design office specializing in swimming pools, PHOSPHORIS teams have developed solutions to make them passive.
- Thermodynamic dehumidification: use of an indirect reheat absorption machine to dehumidify the principal.
- Free-chilling (or natural cooling) taking advantage of the difference in temperature outside / inside and refused water to dehumidify in extra.
- Valorisation of the “heat of rejection” coming from the machine: makes it possible to heat the pool, the water of the showers and the water of the basins.
→ Calorific energy gain exceeding 50%.
- Supply study to choose the energy resource best suited to the local context of the swimming pool.
The “Dôme” Aquatic Center of Vincennes
- The passive swimming pool should receive maximum sunshine,
- A strong insulation and airtightness to reduce the condensation and to be able to set up an efficient system intervening at the appropriate moments,
- A transparent roof made of Texlon (composed of airbags, themselves composed of 3 or 4 layers of ETFE).
- The thermal energy consumption is divided by 2.
- The electricity consumption is reduced by 30% and we can also produce part of our electricity thanks to the transparent roof.
- The comfort of air and water is better in the halls and pools.
- The consumption of “all-purpose” water in swimming pools can be divided by 2.
- The olfactory comfort is better, the disinfection being done in part thanks to the ozone.
- For the community, this allows the optimization of loads and costs and better conservation of buildings over time.
- The packaged solution for small swimming pools can reduce up to 4 times the work time, while being cheaper and more efficient.
Furthermore, the PHOSPHORIS pool design office was awarded the FIMBACTE Innovation Trophy in 2015 for its innovations.
Saint-Bonnet-en-Champsaur Aquatic Center – Architect: Jean Pierre MARCHAND
About the Alain Garnier Design Office
PHOSPHORIS relies on the expertise of the Alain Garnier Design Office. Founded in 1982, this design office is specialized in thermal, energy, fluids and water treatment. It joined the PHOSPHORIS Group in 2014.
The various experiences acquired for more than 30 years in the swimming pool and aquatic center sector have materialized into a well-determined concept, namely the 4D Pool. This concept consists in applying innovative and concrete solutions for 4 important dimensions when designing a pool: water, air, energy and data.
The result of this concept is a better comfort for the users and a saving of energy consumption.
Belley Aquatic Center