INDOOR AIR QUALITY IN TERTIARY ENVIRONMENTS
Aquatic Centers, Swimming Pools, Sports Complexes
Aquatic centers, swimming pools and sports complexes are infrastructures with complex climatic and thermal systems engineering. Air quality can be a very sensitive issue due to the sources of pollution associated with the use of these buildings.
In aquatic centers, water is disinfected and sanitized by adding chlorine to the water. This reacts with the bio-effluents of the bathers (perspiration for example) to form a family of molecules: trichloramines, which are very irritating for the respiratory tract. The impact on the well-being of users can be significant and result in a drop in attendance. With an expertise of more than 30 years in these activities, the PHOSPHORIS group, through its subsidiary Alain Garnier Design Office, assists managers and contractors in the design and management of water treatment and air treatment systems to ensure optimal conditions of use while limiting sanitary risks. PHOSPHORIS proposes an innovative approach on these buildings with its team of engineers and its double competence in climatic engineering / air quality chemistry. The PHOSPHORIS team takes into account thermal, acoustic and energetic comfort issues in a systemic way to guarantee the well-being of the users.
Belley Aquatic Center, Bugey Sud (France) / DUBUISSON Architecture / A. Garnier Design Office / MAP3.
Environmental project management assistance
- Support for the environmental certification of construction/renovation buildings: “HQE Sports Facilities”
- Project management assistance for the design, extension or renovation of a sports or aquatic complex.
Air Quality diagnosis and measurements
- Indoor air quality measurements: punctual or continuous measurements with sensors: Trichloramines, Trichloromethane, Relative humidity, Temperature, etc.
- Technical diagnosis of air renewal installations.
Design/Execution of air handling systems
- Design study of air handling systems with the dual competence of climate engineering and air quality chemistry
- Monitoring of construction and implementation
- Optimization of existing systems.
Air Quality Modeling
- Assessment of the dispersion of pollutants within the building (Trichloramines and Trichloromethane)
- Indoor Thermodynamic simulation/CFD study to visualize the dead zones in terms of air renewal and the zones of thermal discomfort.